The NC NTSP provides support services for beginning teachers during their first three years of teaching, including traditionally prepared educators and residency educators.
Each participating Beginning Teacher is supported by a highly skilled instructional coach. The NC NTSP instructional coaches utilize a comprehensive Coaching Framework to support teachers in the critical dimensions of planning, instruction, and assessment. Coaches gather and interpret data, provide and model high leverage and research-based best practices to improve teacher effectiveness and increase student achievement.
We value our teachers and provide individualized, strategic, and blended induction support through the use of a combination of asynchronous, synchronous and in-person coaching approaches. Our blended coaching approach is customized based on teacher, school and district needs. Coaching activities may include those bulleted below.
- Lesson and strategy demonstrations
- Co-teaching and modeling
- Observations with real-time feedback
- Asychronous and synchronous reflection and feedback
- Planning, instruction, and assessment support
- In-the-moment coaching
- Data (collection, analysis, and utilization)
- Weekly individualized face-to-face coaching visits
- Ongoing virtual coaching support
- Video reflection using Sibme
- Resource sharing
- Individualized professional development (PD) aligned with teacher needs and school/district goals
- Professional Learning Networks to support content development
“Words can’t express the appreciation our school has for the NC NTSP. Our teachers have received high quality support & guidance through the service & leadership of our Coach. We value the contributions of the program as they ensure the success of new teachers to the profession. As a principal, having a non-evaluative third party assist beginning teachers across a broad scope -curriculum, instruction, classroom management – truly helps nurture & build teacher capacity.”—Principal, ECU Region